Dr. Jayme Motler, DVM, CVA
Dr. Motler graduated with honors from Michigan State University as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 1995 and has been a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist since 2011. She worked as a Relief Veterinarian for various local hospitals throughout the Hudson Valley and Connecticut from 1996 to 2014. She was an Associate Veterinarian at Ulster Animal Hospital from 2004 to 2015.
Dr. Motler also served as an Associate State Veterinarian for the New Jersey Racing Commission from 1999 to 2017 and a Racing Official/Examining Veterinarian for the New York Racing Association from 1998 to 2015. She was also the Event Veterinarian for the Kent School Horse Trials from 2006 to 2016.
In addition to this, she owned and operated her own mobile practice, Hoof & Paw Veterinary Services, from 2004 to 2014.
Dr. Motler purchased Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital in 2014 and continues the legacy of superb veterinary care and a caring approach to the patients of our practice.
Years in Practice: 26
- Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine and China National Society of Traditional Veterinary Medicine, Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist
- Michigan State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Science, Agricultural Science
- SUNY Cobleskill, AAS – Animal Husbandry, AAS – Agricultural Science
Pets: Dr. Motler has 2 cats, a dog and a few horses! You may see the cats and dog at the hospital. Be sure to say hi to Miss Kitty, Festus, and Lucky!
Featured: Read about Dr. Motler and Lucky’s amazing story on the AAHA website.
Certifications and Licenses:
- AAHA Certified Animal Hospital
- Cat Friendly Practice Gold Certified
- Elite Fear Free Certified Professional
- Low-Stress Handling Silver Certified Professional
- USDA Federal Accreditation
- Veterinary Licenses: NY, NJ, CT, MA
- Advisory Council Member BOCES CTI [2017-Present]
- Hudson Valley Veterinary Medical Society – Co-Chair Continuing Education Committee [2018-Present]
- New York State Veterinary Medical Society – Wellbeing Committee 
- Advisory Council Member – SUNY Ulster Veterinary Technician Program [2019-Present]
- CVMA – Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association – Continuing Education Committee Member [2019-Present]
- Member of the Advisory Council for PSI [2019-Present]